What to do at the scene of an accident.
- Stop immediately. Do not obstruct traffic. Do not leave accident scene.
- Assist injured. Have someone call the police. Repeat after 5 minutes.
- Secure names, phone numbers, addresses of other drivers, witnesses and injured persons.
- Secure make, model, license numbers of all cars involved.
- Sketch scene of accident, showing position of cars and other details.
- DO NOT admit fault or accept claim settlements.
- Remain calm, courteous and consistent in your version of the accident.
- Notify your insurance company and agent as soon as possible.
To download an Adobe pdf document that will help you gather all the necessary information in the event of an accident please click here.